Things To Know About Mold Growth

One of the worst things you can have in your home is mold. Below, we’ll be diving into this in depth. So, get ready.

What Is It?

Mold is a type of fungus. In fact, it is not one type of fungus, but can be many.  It latches onto your walls by its spores, which are produced during reproduction. The spores move with the air, finding its way to your walls but excels in humid environments.

Mold loves spaces that are warm and damp, excelling in them. That is why you’ll usually find them in basements or in bathrooms.

Although they generally grow on a home’s walls, this isn’t the only material it can get attached. In fact there are many, some of which are glass, plastic, wood, and even cloth. Once on, they use its surface to propagate their growth.

As mentioned, there are various types of mold. Frankly, we aren’t aware of how many there really are but a general consensus would be that over 300,000 are present.  As you can guess, each of these types has their own appearances.

How Does It Get Into The Home?

If you wondering How To Prevent Mould Growth In The Home, there are various ways you can do this. That being said, you must first understand the ways it gets into your home.

As mentioned, its spores usually move with the wind. Unfortunately, they are so small that you can’t see them as they drift through your home, so you won’t be aware of their existence until it’s too late.

Any crack you have in the wall or open space inside of your home gives the spores room to enter. If not for this, they attach themselves to people or even pets. Thus, they use them as transportation to their destination.

Fortunately, their growth only goes berserk if proper moisture and warmth is available. Otherwise, the mold just festers in the same place.

Because of this, you’d usually find them in the below spots:

  • Between windows
  • Places with low air circulation
  • Bathroom tiles
  • On slabs due to Slab Edge Dampness

What Issues Can Mold Cause?

If you experience mold in your home, you should act immediately to get rid of it. This is as it brings many health risks, which could be fatal if you have children around.

Most people aren’t aware of their allergy to mold. Although this may be mild, causing them to have bouts of runny noses, it could be severe. So, contact with it would cause them to go into shock, and if action isn’t taken, they could die.

Although not so severe, the mold could infect your lungs. The spores fill your respiratory track up as you breathe in air, making your airways very irritated. Because of this, you’ll constantly be coughing and have an inflamed throat.


The best way to protect yourself from it is by limiting the moisture in your home. Without ample humidity, mold is unable to grow.

However, if you see it growing in your home, you can get rid of it by regularly cleaning the surface with strong anti-fungal treatments.

As you can see, mold can be quite a headache. Hopefully, you found this article useful, utilizing its information in the future.

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.